Manufacturing Estimator Job Purpose
Researching new clients and upcoming projects. Establishing client requirements and provide detailed estimates for projects including cost and work time estimates. Building relationships with clients and negotiating orders primarily within the Ventilation systems, Structural Steelwork and general metal fabrications industry.
Manufacturing Estimator Job Duties
- Prepare cost budgets and cost estimates for new contracts
- Adhere to company standards and guidelines when analysing and providing estimations; focus on maximising profit and customer satisfaction, while minimising any potential risks to the company
- Prepare detailed, well-written proposals for each client, adhering to client guidelines while offering competitive and comprehensive cost estimates, and including supplementary documentation
- Maintain relationships with existing clients keeping a sales-minded attitude, and seek out and build relationships with new clients
- Work with contracts manager and design team to help with development, innovation, and creativity on client projects
- Keep detailed records of all estimation documentation, including site assessments and contract terms; update any existing contracts immediately upon agreement of new terms with client
- Prepare and submit financial documents
- Balance multiple proposals and estimations at once, ensuring each reaches the client by the deadline
- Liaise with other company departments to maintain business development and continuously innovate new profitable outcomes
Manufacturing Estimator Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in the Industry and/or Building Services Engineering / Contracts Management / Manufacturing Estimating Formal Qualifications
- Strong Customer-Facing Skills
- Sales and Networking
- Customer Service
- Ability to Manage Workloads
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- I.T. Skills
- Problem Solving
- Strong Maths Skills
- Driving Licence and Ability to Visit Client Sites
39hrs/wk, permanent. Salary negotiable on experience.
About the Company
Fleetwood Sheet Metal is a metal manufacturing company based in Fleetwood, Lancashire. We are expanding our team due to our continued success.
Our Mission is to deliver excellence to our customers’ every time. Excellent people, creating quality metal products and delivering outstanding service.
You will be joining an excellent forward thinking company with many opportunities to develop, 25 days paid holiday, family friendly conditions and a competitive rate of pay.