Welder Fabricator Apprentice Job Purpose
Undertaking an apprenticeship where the candidate will learn welding and fabricating sheet metal and structural metal work from a variety of materials.
Welder Fabricator Apprentice Job Duties
- Reading manufacturing drawings
- Welding and Fabricating of metal products (including laying out, cutting, fitting, measuring and welding)
- Using many metal work hand tools and power tools
- Inspecting work – ensuring welds and fabrication meets standards
- Inspecting equipment – ensuring equipment is safe and fit for purpose
- Working safely
- Attending recognised NVQ, City and Guilds course to support practical learning
- Meeting performance targets
Welder Fabricator Apprentice Skills and Qualifications
Some (or all) of the following (although training will be given to the right candidate)
- Enrolled on (or planning to enroll on) relevant course e.g. NVQ, City and Guilds.
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of some (or all) of the following: pattern development, trigonometry, measuring, bending, rolling, forming, fitting, and cutting.
- Ability to read manufacturing drawings and recognise specifications and welding symbols.
- Knowledge of industry safety practices
- Analytical mind and enjoys working with your hands
- Can provide own hand tools (power tools are provided by us)
- Ability to Manage Workloads
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- I.T. Skills
- Problem Solving
- Strong Maths Skills
- Driving Licence
39hrs/wk, full-time, permanent. Salary negotiable on experience.
About the Company
Fleetwood Sheet Metal is a metal manufacturing company based in Fleetwood, Lancashire. We are expanding our team due to our continued success.
Our Mission is to deliver excellence to our customers’ every time. Excellent people, creating quality metal products and delivering outstanding service.
You will be joining an excellent forward thinking company with many opportunities to develop, 25 days paid holiday, family friendly conditions and a competitive rate of pay.