The company recognises its corporate and social responsibilities and is committed to improving the environmental, social and economic sustainability of all its business operations and processes. Company procedures and approach to business arising from this policy are to be applied by all of its employees in the course of their work activities, as well as across the company’s suppliers and subcontractors.
The company acknowledges that is has social as well as financial accountability and as such aspires to constantly improve its corporate social responsibility based upon:
- The health, safety and welfare of employees, subcontractors and members of the public who may be affected by its work activities.
- The training and development of all its employees.
- Environmental and waste management performance.
- Improving community relations.
- Charitable and social responsible activities both within and outside the work environment.
To achieve these aims the company will endeavour to:-
- Continuously improve health and safety, environmental management and social responsibility issues, including the establishment of targets and objectives.
- Fully implement and monitor the Health and Safety Policy Statement and procedures in line with current Health and Safety legislation and relevant codes of practice.
- Fully implement and monitor the environmental Policy Statement, and procedures in line with current Environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Comply with applicable human rights legislation eg Human Rights Act 1988 and Modern Slavery Act 2015
- Encourage suppliers and subcontractors to adopt a good social responsibility practice.
- Communicate these requirements to employees and ensure adequate training is provided.
- Maintain commitment to equal opportunities in employment.
- Develop the company’s support for local and national charitable activities undertaken by its employees.
- Foster and develop relations with local communities and schools.
- Ensure adequate resources are available to implement the requirements of this policy.
- Ensure our supply chain conducts ethical business practices.
- Make this statement available to the public.
- Review and update this policy during annual management reviews.
Every employee has an obligation to take reasonable care of their own safety and for the safety of the people who may be affected by their acts or omissions and for safeguarding the environment and society that may also be affected by their acts or omissions. The co-operation and involvement of employees at all levels is essential for the effective implementation of this policy.